Armed with the successful experience of Osix shock mounts, Cinela has created the ZEPHYX windscreen, which is Osix logical development. So, with the same concern to reduce handling noise, Zephyx integrates an Osix shock mount in a truly suspended cage with the same steel wire principle. Thanks to a carefully designed mic layout within the cage, to the ovoid shape of this cage, and to a very light and acoustically transparent double-layer fabric with wefts perfectly aligned, it is no longer necessary to rush at the windjammer at the first breeze. The strengths of this Zephyx windscreen are:
- Wind protection is increased thanks to the ovoid shape and to better capsule position within windscreen volume.
- It is possible to use basic fabric alone (without fur), even with rather high wind, and so, to have very good acoustic transparency.
- The lack of "cage effect" (standing waves) is real: no disorder in the upper medium.
- The addition of a furry envelope is possible, in case of higher wind.
- An optional "Violent Storm" fur for high wind is available.
- The cage is suspended, essential for avoiding boom noises (especially for stereo recording).
- Full outdoor / indoor compatibility: indoors, there are no apparent rods.
- Indoors, the internal arm and the second swivel allow virtual mic length extension, which means better mic direction viewing.
- Perfect adaptation to the new OSIX CCM shock mount, for mono and MS stereo recording.
- Full compatibility with these shock mounts: CCM (OSIX CCM), CMC (OSIX 2), KM 100 (OSIX 1), MKH 8000 (OSIX 8000) and certainly other configurations will be discovered with use.
- Full compatibility with existing OSIX 1, 2 & 8000 shock mounts, by simply changing the XLR cable.
- Double axis "Cinela exclusive" swivel with single knob tightening, perfect for stereo.
Thanks to the new efficiency of Zephyx double-layer fabric, it is no longer necessary to rush at the windjammer at the first breeze. Moreover, there are now two fur models, "Strong Breeze" and "Violent Storm".
This rate applies if taken alone without any microphone.
Cinela Zephyx, Cinela Zéphyx, Cinéla Zephyx, Cinéla Zéphyx, Zephyx, Zéphyx