Mento is a Unit Power Station for sound carts, developed and manufactured by DC Audiovisuel, together with Rémy Mallard for the software part.
Mentor incorporates the principles of the former PMI and SMO. But Mentor is also:
- More powerful: 7 outputs deliver more than 200W of clean power;
- More efficient: fewer losses (ideal diodes), more efficiency (new converters);
- More versatile: easily programmable for any chemistry (Li-Ion, LiFe, Lead-Acid) and any capacity;
- Smarter: recognizes and manages by itself smart batteries (SBS) and ordinary batteries (non-SBS);
- Informative: Mentor gauges and displays the available fuel level, as well as time to empty and time to full.
- Smaller and lighter: 6.9" x 6.9" x 4.9" for only 5.95 lbs.
As a bonus, Mentor autonomously handles smartphone and tablet charge via two front USB ports.
Furthermore, Mentor inherits the features that made PMI and SMO successful:
- Seamless transition from AC power to batteries, and vice versa;
- Self management of batteries charging when AC power is on;
- Converter powered outputs, granting for floating ground and constant output voltage whatever the power source;
- Remote control displays relevant batteries and power info, and keeps output controls at hand;
- Works with one OR two batteries.