The new ZEPHYX windscreen has several new benefits:
- Wind protection is increased thanks to the ovoid shape and to better capsule position within windscreen volume.
- It is possible to use basic fabric alone (without fur), even with rather high wind, and so, to have very good acoustic transparency.
- The lack of "cage effect" (standing waves) is real: no disorder in the upper medium.
- The addition of a furry envelope is possible, in case of higher wind.
- An optional "Violent Storm" fur for high wind is available.
- The cage is suspended, essential for avoiding boom noises (especially for stereo recording).
- Full outdoor / indoor compatibility: indoors, there are no apparent rods.
- Indoors, the internal arm and the second swivel allow virtual mic length extension, which means better mic direction viewing.
- Perfect adaptation to the new OSIX CCM shock mount, for mono and MS stereo recording.
- Full compatibility with these shock mounts: CCM (OSIX CCM), CMC (OSIX 2), KM 100 (OSIX 1), MKH 8000 (OSIX 8000) and certainly other configurations will be discovered with use.
- Full compatibility with existing OSIX 1, 2 & 8000 shock mounts, by simply changing the XLR cable.
- Double axis "Cinela exclusive" swivel with single knob tightening, perfect for stereo.
Open for viewing and available for rent and purchase at DC Audiovisuel